Patient data collection has changed from 1st July and patient data will not be shared with NHS digital to help improve health, care and services.
NHS digitial will collect, analyse and publish data which includes:
– planning and commissioning health and care services
– informing and developing health and social care policies
– taking steps to protect public health (including managing and monitoring the coronavirus pandemic)
– enabling healthcare and scientific research
– in exceptional circumstances, providing you with individual care
Any data collected by NHS digital will only be used for health and care purposes. It will never be shared with marketing or insurance companies.
If you do not want your personal indentifable patient data to be shared outsideof your GP Practice for purposes except your own care, you can register to opt-out.
You can fill out an opt-out form and hand this into the reception team or head to National data opt-out – NHS Digital for more inforamtion on how to opt-out.