The overall aim of the group is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between Patients, the Practice and the Community that it serves, ensuring that the Practice remains accountable and responsive to all its Patient needs. All registered Patients are welcome to join the Patient Participation Group, drawing from a diverse mix of patients who use the services at Newton Drive Health Centre.
Membership is on a voluntary basis and is unpaid. There is no specific contract or duration for anyone to be a member of the group. In the interests of effective decision making, it is anticipated membership of the core will be limited to 12. Specialist “sub-groups” may be formed to deal with specific topical areas in order to utilise individual skills and experience.
The key aims of the PPG are:
- To create and improve two-way communication between the Practice and the Patient population.
- To bring a sense of Partnership between the Practice and the Patient population.
- To provide a vehicle by which the Patient population can have an influence over the way in which the facilities and services, provided by the Practice, are planned and used.
- To provide constructive feedback of Patient population needs, concerns and interests.
- To support the Practice in Health promotion and preventative medicine.
- To collect Patient opinions and experiences in order to help the Practice evaluate and, where appropriate, improve its services.
To Join our patient participation group (PPG) please email us at: [email protected] with your name and contact details.