Subject Access Request

The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) gives an individual the right to ask for a copy of the information an organisation holds about them – this right is commonly known as a Subject Access Request (SAR).
Subject Access Requests can be made as follows:
• A request for information from health records has to be made with the organisation that holds the health records – the data controller. For example, the GP, optician or dentist.
• For hospital health records, the individual should contact the records manager or patient services manager at the relevant hospital trust. You can find a list of hospital trusts on the NHS Choices website.

You can request you GP medical records by downloading the form and handing this into reception. Please allow 28 days for your request to be processed and completed.